1 1/2 cups water
2 tsp. liquid food coloring in blue, red, or yellow (or a combination)
2 Tbs. cooking oil
2 cups flour <1/2 cup salt
4 Tbs. cream of tartar
2. Put flour salt, and cream of tartar into a large saucepan.
3. Over medium heat. pour the water mixture into the saucepan, stirring constantly, cook and stir for five minutes, until a ball of dough forms.
4. Cool the dough for five minutes, and then knead it with your hands until it is smooth.
5. Store in refrigerator when not in use.
Yield: 1 to 1 1/2 cups
1/2 tsp. Borax detergent, available at supermarkets
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
4 oz. white craft glue
2 tsp any color liquid food coloring
1. In a disposable plastic container, combine the Borax and water until the Borax has dissolved. Set aside.
2. Sift the cornstarch into a mixing bowl. Add the glue; mix well.
3. Add the Borax solution, stirring sonstantly for two minutes even after Goop forms.
4. Knead Goop with your hands until it is no longer sticky.
Yield: 2 cups
1 cup dishwashing detergent
1/2 cup glycerine, available at drug stores
1. In a metal can or a plastic container, combine the detergent, glycerine, and water.
2. Dip a wand into the container, making sure a film of bubble liquid is stretched across it. Blow gently for super long-lasting bubbles.
Yield: 3/4 cup of each color
1 envelope unflaored gelatin
2 1/2 cups cold water
1 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup soap flakes
2 drops each of four shades of icing color paste, aailable at craft and baking supply stores
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 1/2 cup of the water and mix until dissolved.
2. Combine the cornstarch, soap flakes, and remaining 2 cups of water in a saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add the gelatin mixture to the saucepan, stirring until it becomes thick.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and strain the mixture equally into 4 containers.
5. Cool for an hour, and then add a different shade of icing color paste to each container. Fold in color until thorughly miced. NOTE: Undiluted color paste will stain hands and clothing.
6. Store in refrigerator when not in use.